ARGESIM is a non-profit society generally aiming for dissemination of information on system simulation - from research via development to applications of system simulation.
ARGESIM is closely co-operating with EUROSIM, the Federation of European Simulation Societies, and with ASIM, the German Simulation Society. ARGESIM is an 'outsourced' activity from the Mathematical Modelling and Simulation Group of TU Wien, there is also close co-operation with TU Wien (organisationally and personally).
ARGESIM is following its aims and scope by the following activities and projects:
- Publication of the scientific journal SNE - Simulation Notes Europe (Membership Journal of EUROSIM, the Federation of European Simulation Societies) - www.sne-journal.org
- Organisation and Publication of the ARGESIM Benchmarks for Modelling Approaches and Simulation Implementations - Menu Benchmarks
- Publication of the series ARGESIM Reports (for monographs in system simulation, and proceedings of simulation conferences and workshops) - Menu Publications
- Publication of the special series FBS Simulation - Advances in Simulation / Fortschrittsberichte Simulation (monographs in co-operation with ASIM, the German Simulation Society) - Menu Publications
- Organisation of the Conference Series MATHMOD Vienna (triennial, in co-operation with EUROSIM, ASIM, and TU Wien) - www.mathmod.at
- Organisation of Summerschools (TU Wien Summerschools on Mod&Sim) - Menu Summerschool
- Organisation of Seminars on Simulation / Seminare aus Simulation at TU Wien - Menu Seminare
- Administration of ASIM (German Simulation Society) - www.asim-gi.org
- Support of EUROSIM - Federation of European Simulation Societies - www.eurosim.info
- Support of ERASMUS and CEEPUS activities in system simulation for TU Wien